Monday, October 14, 2013

Night Shooting w/ Photographer Stefano Gali

Night Shoot. Old School. Film, not digital. Longer than usual held poses. Biting cold. Energized and thrilled to be creating something spontaneous - art for arts sake. Took me back to my old days of modeling before digital was born. Things took time. Light needed to be measured and we had to actually wait (think of that) to see if any thing even came of it. Night shoot. Old School. Holding, waiting. Thrilling, spontaneous. Film...


Where the Sunset and  Hollywood Blvd's intersect...


As you can see, recent LA implant Stefano Gali is a stellar artist. Italian born and bred and with a background in Film, his images remind me of cinematic stills, which naturally, I love. His images are real, sensuous and full of intrigue. We met while both working in South Pas at the edge of Summer.  It was a pleasure to create and collaborate with him around Los Angeles between the hours of 10pm and just passed midnight as we moved from Summer into Fall.



Vista Theater, Los Feliz. 

I've been coming here since I was a kid. I can't tell you how many double features I saw here with my big 6 person family. Well, I usually fell asleep before the second film to be honest. Warm memories. 





Cinematic theater (I do not smoke)


In the photographers vintage Mercedes, Mel's Drive In, Hollywood




At the all night Denny's across the street from Union Station Downtown. 
Some of the most beautiful shots from the movie "Drive" were filmed here.


And that's a wrap...


Check out phenomenal non digitized photography here at: